Globus for Google Drive
Using Google Drive for data storage? Now you can make that storage available to your researchers via the tool they’re already familiar with.
Globus for Google Drive provides an instant link from Google Drive to all your other storage locations. Simply log in and seamlessly move and share Google Drive data across any storage resources using a unified, intuitive interface. All you need is access to a web browser to initiate data sharing and transfers with the reliability and performance Globus is known for.
Why Globus for Google Drive?
- Tap into more storage for researchers: What good is all that storage if your users can’t access it? With Globus for Google Drive, you can plug Google Drive into the established storage ecosystem and workflows your researchers already use.
- Make file sharing easy: Just click and share with any email address or identity, using a single tool across all your storage systems: campus clusters, XSEDE supercomputers, lab servers, scientific instruments, archival storage, public cloud storage—and now, Google Drive.
- Save time for both researchers and admins: Easily and securely move data to and from Google Drive with fast, reliable fire-and-forget transfer that supports even the largest data sets; share data instantly without having to add new user accounts on the system.
- Share data using any email address—no need to create or look up Google accounts
- Efficient 3rd party transfer—move and share files from any internet connection
- Single, intuitive interface—use and manage Google Drive with the UI you already know
- Works with Google Team Drives—move and share files among individuals and groups
- Streamlined install/config—get up and running in minutes
- APIs for automation and integration—add Google Drive to your data portal, science gateway or other research application
Globus for Google Cloud, Globus for Google Drive
Google Cloud provides cloud-native storage and compute infrastructure with layered security, machine learning and analytics at web-scale. Integrated Big Data solutions can harness the power of the cloud to capture, process, store and analyze data within a single platform to allow you to draw valuable insights.
Carahsoft is The Trusted Government IT Solutions Provider® and a top GSA Schedule holder, supporting an ecosystem of manufacturers, resellers, integrators and consulting partners committed to serving the public sector.
University of Chicago, Argonne National Laboratory
A group in Japan needed to share a set of 221M molecular calculations, clocking in at 830GB, with collaborators at...