Delivering a Campus Data Service with Globus and ESnet
Who should attend:
- Campus IT professionals
- Managers of campus research computing centers
- HPC system and network administrators
We invite HPC resource providers to join us as we present a recipe that combines a Science DMZ, storage systems, and Globus Online to deliver a scalable campus data storage and sharing service for researchers. Click here to register for the webinar. This is the second in a series of webinars presented by ESnet and Globus Online. Presenters:
- David Lifka, Director of the Cornell University Center for Advanced Computing and Chair of the Coalition for Academic Scientific Computation (CASC)
- Brock Palen, HPC system administrator and user consultant at CAEN-HPC, University of Michigan
- Steve Tuecke, Globus Co-Founder and Deputy Director, Computation Institute at University of Chicago and Argonne National Laboratory
- Jason Zurawski, Science Engagement Engineer, ESnet
Research computing centers and other campus IT facilities are grappling with rapidly increasing demand to deliver robust data management services to their users. At the same time they seek to optimize the high performance storage systems and fast networks that are becoming commonplace on most campuses.
Globus Online makes large-scale file transfer, synchronization, and sharing easy by providing a high-performance, reliable, secure, solution with powerful and intuitive interfaces. Recently introduced capabilities for system administrators simplify monitoring, management, and integration of Globus Online service into the campus IT infrastructure. ESnet is a high-performance network that connects the Department of Energy research community for data-intensive science.
ESnet provides expert engineering consolations to scientists to improve their site connectivity, and provides backbone services. ESnet’s engineers provide consulting services for improved network performance, as well as assistance in creating Science DMZs.
We will describe how campus computing managers and administrators can deploy a research data management solution that can handle really big data, and deal with research data management challenges in a simple and robust manner.
Campus IT managers from Cornell University and the University of Michigan will discuss their experiences with Globus Online and the Science DMZ as core components of research computing infrastructure. Register for the webinar here.