Transfer and Share Data on ACCESS with Globus
- Lee Liming
Learn how to get started with Globus. See how easy it is to get your data to and from ACCESS resources (a few megabytes to tens of terabytes at a time) and why over 1,600 campuses and research organizations offer Globus services for managing research data. Learn how to move data between your campus and ACCESS systems, how to schedule recurring transfers and synchronization tasks, and how to share your data on an ACCESS system with your collaborators at multiple institutions.
In this webinar you will learn how to get started with Globus and use your laptop, tablet, or smartphone to transfer and share data with your campus and ACCESS resources.
We will demonstrate how to:
- Use your campus ID and ACCESS ID with Globus
- Find and browse your personal, campus, and ACCESS data storage in Globus, and transfer data among them all, securely and reliably
- Use your web browser to upload and download files with ACCESS resources
- Share access to your data with others so they can help you with your research
- Set up a timer to sync data or automate transfers between two locations
The NSF’s ACCESS (Advanced Cyberinfrastructure Coordination Ecosystem: Services & Support) program builds upon the successes of the 11-year XSEDE project, while also expanding the ecosystem with capabilities for new modes of research and further democratizing participation.